Strip Jack Naked - card game
- Category: Software
- Created: Sunday, 06 December 2009 18:30
- Written by Super User
The most mindless, pointless, annoying card game I've ever had the misfortune to come across....... apart from Snap!
I wrote this as an experiment in card game programming. So I used the simplest card game I knew. It has very few rules and requires no strategy or decision making. Ideal for programming but not too interesting to play.
Play is very simple.
- Each player is dealt half the pack.
- The object of the game is to strip your opponent of all the cards in their hand.
- Players take turns to lay a card into the "pot" until one player lays a face card.
- The opposing player must then lay cards into the "pot" until one of the following occurs.
a) The number of cards played is equivalent to the value of the face card or
b) One of the cards laid is itself a face card.
- If the player completes laying the cards without turning over a face card then their opponent picks up the pot and add it to the bottom of their hand.
- If however one of the cards is a face card then play immediately reverts to the other player and it is their turn to lay cards up to the value of the face card or until another face card is played.
- The game is won by the player still holding cards when their opponent is without cards in his or her hand.